Monday, July 24, 2006

The people you meet in Vegas...


In Vegas, I crashed with my cousin Julie for about a week. You see her pictured with her friend Steve (aka Cowboy aka Redneck Jr.). I lost no money in this financial capital of sorts, as I did no gambling. I did, however, lose some dignity while singing Tits and A** from A Chorus Line karaoke at a local pub.


At said pub, I ran into this girl of the many piercings. I don't know if it was goth night or what, but most patrons were dressed in black.



Here's another fella I met. I can't remember his name, but he sang karaoke pretty well, and also performs in a band that allegedly has gigs in California.

In other Vegas news...
While in Vegas, I also experienced a stomach virus that "couched" me for a day and a half; I sprained my foot on a flip-flop going down the stairs, necessitating crutches for a few hours; and I endured the hottest freakin part of my trip so far. In Vegas, it reached higher than 100 degrees. It was oven hot.


So hot... that I had to actually get a new windshield. I had cracked my glass originally coming out of Montana on a mountain road. Then, the heat of Vegas caused the crack to grow to about a foot long. The tatooed man from the auto glass place made it clear that he "did not release" any photos to me, so I have avoided showing his face.

Word to the wise: When in Vegas, or any excrutiatingly hot area, crack your windows when parked.

3 Comments:

Blogger Keith said...

Hmmm... You may very well have been in Vegas at the same time my friends Dave and Kim were there. Had I known, I'd have tried to get you kids together somehow. Go here for his Vegas recap:

http://www.wingsforwheels.net/

(On second thought, in the interest of keeping my circle of friends somewhat intact, it's prob'ly best to keep them away from Dave whenever possible).

Monday, 31 July, 2006  
Blogger Keith said...

Point of interest related to a prior post (from The Writer's Almanac with Garrison Keillor http://writersalmanac.publicradio.org/):

On this day in 1876, James Butler "Wild Bill" Hickok was killed in what is now Deadwood, South Dakota. He was playing poker when he was shot in the back of the head by a young Jack McCall, at 4:15 p.m. at the No. 10 Saloon. He died with a Smith and Wesson revolver in his holster and holding a pair of aces and a pair of eights.

Huh. And they call the World Poker Tour "exciting"...

Wednesday, 02 August, 2006  
Blogger Danielle P said...

In fact, one of the magnets I bought at the store near the cemetery features the "Dead Man's Hand." (Magnets have been my staple souvenir.)

Wednesday, 02 August, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home