Monday, June 12, 2006

Who'd have thunk it?

North Georgia turns out to be stunning! It also is home to Tallulah Gorge, at 900 feet, the "deepest canyon east of the Mississippi." I asked a fellow tourist to snap my photo. In turn, I snapped his. I think both photos have unique aesthetic qualities.

Some of the unique wares at the falls are pigs who don't:

My backroads choice led me on a journey to the Smokey Mountains, on my way to Knoxville, Tenn.

This is a bridge in Cherokee, N.C., an uber-touristy area run by Native Americans. I thought it was pretty in the afternoon light:


Corbin, Ky., a few miles from I-75, is "where it all began" for Col. Sanders. The original recipe chicken I chowed down on from the "Colonel's Cafe" -- which boasts the real kitchen he used to make his finger-lickin fowl -- tasted just like any I've ever gotten in South Florida, but I felt a greater sense of pride eating it. Tee hee.
http://www.chickenfestival.com/sanders.htm

Corbin, Ky., BP station attendants should be commended for their signmaking, as these notices show:

2 Comments:

Blogger Keith said...

It's good to see you're still rolling along!

It looks like the good employees of BP could stand to spend their time a little bit further from the gasoline fumes. Of course, when you live in a part of the country where most family trees are basically all trunk...

Thursday, 15 June, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were at the original KFC and didn't Fed Ex me some chicken?

I'm totally not offended by that at all.

Monday, 26 June, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home