Thursday, June 29, 2006

House on the Rock

About an hour outside Madison lies the brainchild of Alex Jordan: House on the Rock. This man built his house within the rocks among the hills of Wisconsin. I wasn't expecting much, and was delightfully surprised at the expertise and attention to detail that went into this attraction.

Instead of springs or wood underneath the couch cushions is ... rock.


The long skinny walkway is called the Room of Inspiration. It hangs over the trees and rocks below, affording views of the surrounding countryside. I found it harrowing to walk all the way to its point, but I persevered, pushing my fear aside. My feet and hands were sweating the entire time! The top photo shows the walkway from the ground. The bottom shows it as I did, walking shakily to its end.



1 Comments:

Blogger Keith said...

Putting cushions on top of rocks! Fooking brilliant!!! Why hadn't I thought of that...?

Room of Inspiration, eh? Looks more like the Room of I-Think-I'm-Gonna-Throw-Up, or possible the Room of Many-Pacts-Made-With-God-Only-To-Later-Be-Reneged-Upon.

Tuesday, 11 July, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home