Tuesday, May 12, 2009

... at the Lake Eden Arts Festival


Roommate Francine, right, greets the parade as it started up the hill during the Lake Eden Arts Festival in Black Mountain, NC.


We caught the parade just in time. Here, a juggler concentrates.


Gourd heads, for some reason, were popular on the parade route.


Drummers dressed in bright colors kept the beat.


Set up in the middle of the vendor area was this web of string. Anyone could come and wrap string around the existing structure.


Necklaces for sale at the Lake Eden Arts Festival in Black Mountain, NC.


Francine roomed with me at the Motel 6. Here she is among scarves for sale. She'd just bought the leather hat and was happy with the price.


These two guys were selling naturally flavored chocolate, meaning it had no sugar. It was gross. I told them I did not like it, and the guy on the left said I was the first person to tell him that. I tried to give him constructive criticism: it was crumbly and had a biting aftertaste.


These clothes are hanging on racks made of old plumbing pipes.


I've gotten three henna tattoos from this woman. She lives in Raleigh with her husband and is adamant that henna is an actual art.


Me and my henna. I love it.


A girl next to me had just gotten an Oriental symbol on her shoulder blade. I took the photo so she could see it. I kept it because I think it looks cool.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Danielle girl, you are one cool chick. Thanks for including me - in your LEAF experience, I appreciate it as well as the crazy 4:00 am drive to the airport. Anytime you're back in Florida - call me or if you're in Montreal this summer. i'm sending you love. Francine

Wednesday, 20 May, 2009  
Blogger Allison said...

I agree that henna is an art. :)

Wednesday, 03 June, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home