Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Ivins


I don't know what this is called or what it's used for. I just think it's beautiful. These are some fields in Ivins, UT.


These horses (and there might be a donkey in there; not sure) were eating their dinner when I came along. On the ground had fallen some of the green pellets that comprised their meal. I picked up a few and fed them.


The sign sounds like a warning from a mother (who does not speak English as a first language) speaking to her child about drugs.


No baseball this afternoon as I stand at home plate in a famous Danielle foot photo.


Aunt Judy's garage is infamous. These are among the items she plans to sell at an upcoming garage sale.


Was I surprised to see stones in the sink in the guest bedroom? Why, yes, I was. Aunt Judy claims it's an Oriental thing. Mmmm hmmm...


Among the tasks Aunt Judy had for me was removing old photos from a frame. Here are my grandparents and other family members captured on good ole black 'n' white.

5 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Weikum said...

On your first photo, I believe those are sprinkler pipes and the big wheels help move the sprinkler around the field. :) It is beautiful. Hope you are enjoying your trip!

Monday, 13 April, 2009  
Blogger Daph said...

I believe that first photo is what we Utah folks call a sprinkler. We use them to keep our lobsters hydrated.

Monday, 13 April, 2009  
Blogger Danielle P said...

Laugh it up ladies. One day you will be in Florida and see an anhinga and not know what it is... I will laugh. Loudly.

Monday, 13 April, 2009  
Blogger Katie said...

Great pics, Danielle. I will refrain from making a disparaging sprinkler comment.

Monday, 13 April, 2009  
Blogger Allison said...

The first photo is irrigation equipment, ie a giant sprinkler.

Thursday, 16 April, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home