Friday, January 16, 2009

Give me an "N" for Norway


Road signs in Bergen, Norway, point the way to Oslo, Alesund, Stavenager and Sentrum.


This statue is in the square next to the tourism office. There's a salon nearby, too.


Traditional Norweigan frocks in a shop in Bergen. They also sold sweaters and angora wool for knitting.


View through the glass from the 5th floor of my hotel. Rooftops, waterway, offices and hotel buildings.


My passport now has a stamp from Amsterdam. They didn't stamp me in Norway. The girl with the hat is on the 500 NOK (Kroner) bill, worth about $71.


Me and my awesome scarf. Dig the combover, too!


The building where I work in Bergen, Norway, is right on the water. Houses dot the hills in the background.


Yield means yield! (That means you, Brian!). I'm on lunch break. This is the road I walk to work every day.


A post box is attached to the wall outside my office building. The newspaper shares a space with the fishing museum and other fishing-related businesses. I am told there is an enormous freezer full of fish in it.


A typical lunch for me at work: Soup (cream-based with either fish, asparagus, or cauliflower), bread (awesome, fresh-cut, whole-grain), apple, boiled egg.



Across from a church in Bergen is this garage door with the graffiti: "Jesus var her!!!" It means what you think it does: "Jesus was here."


My feet on the cobblestone.


The sun! The sun! My kingdom for the sun! It had been at least three days since I'd felt the sun on my face. This is the dock area across from my work building.

The king had a castle in Bergen. This was taken about 8 a.m., on my way to work. The castle is about a 5-minute walk from my hotel.


The ads on Norweigan Facebook crack me up. I wonder, are they telling me this man is in my age group?


Finally, here is the sound of the rain on my window. It's like gumballs dropping on a tile floor.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

When I was in London we were on the Oslo network, I guess - all my google ads and facebook ads were in norwegian as well! Nice pics, by the way!

Friday, 16 January, 2009  
Blogger Daph said...

Did you ever think you would regularly be a five minute walk from a castle? That's just too cool! Where are the fjord pictures? I'm waiting . . ..

Saturday, 17 January, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home